Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (516) 222-4000
Goldstein and Bashner

I was injured at a hotel while on a family vacation outside of my home state of New York. Can I file a lawsuit here in New York State?

In general, when you are injured, you would normally file a claim in the municipality where the injury took place. However, if you are injured on vacation and your accident happened at a chain hotel (or restaurant, store, etc.) that has an office or does business in New York, you may be able to file your lawsuit here instead of going back to where the injury took place. However, if your slip and fall or other injury took place in a local hotel, then you will need to file the lawsuit and get representation from a lawyer in that state.

For more information, contact our expert accident lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll answer all your questions and let you know what you can expect from your case—never a charge until we win your case.

Live Chat