Long Island Hotel Accident Lawyer
If you were injured at a hotel, you have rights. Hotels, motels, resorts and bed and breakfasts all have an obligation to keep guests reasonably safe by making sure their accommodations are safe, keeping up with safety regulations and fixing any known issues. Therefore, if you have been injured it is important to seek the counsel of a Long Island premises liability lawyer to build a claim and hold the negligent hotel responsible.
What Can You Do If You Are Injured at a Hotel
It is important to get as much information and evidence saved while you are still at the hotel, your injuries are present, and you are able to talk to possible witnesses. Here are five steps you should take after the injury:
- Take pictures and/or video of the accident scene: While the accident scene is still fresh, take pictures! There is a very good chance that if you slipped or tripped on something the cause of your accident will disappear soon after your accident. Try to replicate the same situation that occurred during your accident. For example, night time, crowded pool, etc.
- Take pictures of your injuries: Start documenting your injuries with a photo of what they looked like right after the accident. In time, they may be covered in bandages or hopefully heal and no longer be visible.
- Get the head manager’s business card– You should ask for the names of the hotel manager, food and beverage manager (if applicable) or the name of any department head relevant to your accident, such as maintenance, security, etc.
- File a report and insist on a copy– You have no idea how much easier your case will go if a report is filed it becomes much harder (almost impossible) for anybody to say “you’re making this up.” Also, you have to insist on getting on getting a copy of that report. A copy of the report can be very helpful in getting a lawyer involved in the case.
- Get contact information for all witnesses– If somebody saw your accident you need their name and contact information. Even if somebody did not witness the accident but can give a statement to the condition observed, that could be helpful.
- Get the local paper-If your accident occurred outside New York City or Long Island get the local paper (we have access to the papers here). This may be helpful if the incident that occurred was because of criminal activity. It can assist us in reading back issues about any similar activity at the hotel. It also may give us a lead on a local reporter that may be willing to help us.
How a Long Island Hotel Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you need an accident lawyer because of an injury due to an accident or incident at a resort, hotel, motel, bed and breakfast or similar establishment, we can help. If your accident took place in New York, or you live in New York and the hotel has operations in New York, you can start your lawsuit here.
Our lawyers have experience in getting the information needed to win these cases. We work with top medical experts and investigators and will fight to get you compensation to help pay your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and any other related expenses.