Bronx Wrongful Death Lawyer
Too often, tragic accidents result in persons becoming seriously injured. The worst possible outcome of a tragic accident, obviously, is the wrongful death of a loved one. Clearly, such tragedies can be one of the most difficult things a person will ever have to deal with in their lifetime.
When a loved one passes due to the carelessness and/or negligence of another, the death becomes that much more difficult to endure. Regardless of the intent of the person who may have caused the death of a loved one, survivors deserve a certain degree of justice. The depth of loss cannot be measured. Still, it is important to act promptly in order to adequately protect evidence, gather witness information, and commence an investigation into the factual matters in the case.
A Bronx wrongful death lawyer can assist you during this difficult time, in order to hold the responsible person accountable for their actions and failures. With a tragedy of this magnitude, a capable personal injury attorney can commit to helping you attain the financial resources that you need and deserve.
Holding Parties Accountable for Tragic Loss
When an individual has experienced a loss of a loved one in an accident, a wrongful death case will need to be initiated. Below is a partial listing of several types of accidents:
- Car or truck accidents. Automobile accidents are increasing almost every year due to driver negligence
- Bicycle accidents. Bicycle riders are especially at-risk due to visibility challenges
- Motorcycle accidents. As with bicycles, motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable to serious accidents
- Property accidents. Responsible property owners are required to take reasonable steps to repair the condition of their property
- Construction accidents. By their very nature, construction sites can be very dangerous
- Inadequate Security. Commercial property owners are required to protect customers, employees, and others from physical violence
- Workplace accident. Some jobs are more dangerous than others, but serious accidents can occur in any workplace
- Medical Malpractice. Medical professionals are held to a high standard of care. Our loved ones’ health is in their hands
- Prescription errors. When a professional administers the wrong medication or the wrong dosage amount and someone dies, they are at risk of a wrongful death claim
- Pedestrian Accidents. Vehicle drivers must be mindful of pedestrian traffic
- Defective Products. Manufacturers are required to make products that are safe for the public’s use
Compensation and Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
Upon the occurrence of any of the aforementioned tragedies, a person should seriously consider filing a Bronx wrongful death action to hold the responsible party accountable, as soon as possible. Pursuant to New York law, compensation and damages can be pursued by survivors of the decedent, to include the following:
- Loss of services
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Decedent’s pain and suffering
- Loss of income of decedent
A skilled Bronx attorney could help a family recover damages for all of the harms they have experienced as a result of their loved one’s death.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations refers to the time limit in which a person must file a personal injury case. In New York, the statute of limitations for wrongful death cases is two years from the date of the fatal accident. There are serious repercussions for missing this deadline, which is why it is crucial to start working on a claim for damages as soon as possible in the aftermath of your loved one’s death. If a claim is not submitted within this time frame, it may be completely dismissed.
Fortunately, an experienced wrongful death lawyer here in the Bronx knows when an action has to be filed in court and can make sure that there are no errors with its processing so that it does not fall through the cracks of the legal system.
Consult with a Bronx Wrongful Death Attorney Today
An experienced Bronx wrongful death lawyer fully comprehends the difficulty of the matters you are facing. A compassionate attorney will be able to handle your case with the utmost sensitivity and care. The attorney can help with a commitment to you and your case every step of the way.