Bronx Slip and Fall Lawyer
The most common type of premises liability lawsuits fall under the title of slip and fall accidents. These types of accidents are responsible for about one million visits to the emergency room each year. Surprisingly, one slip and fall accident can hospitalize you for days, and perhaps months. When this happens, routine expenses along with new medical costs can really pile up and get away from you.
Compassionate injury lawyers certainly understand how rough the recovery process can be. When you or a loved one experience a slip and fall, contact a Bronx slip and fall lawyer today.
Could an Uncleared Pathway Lead to Liability?
Business and property owners in New York City have certain legal responsibilities they owe to the public. They are required to make all sidewalks and pathways clear and safe for people who use them. However, many property owners and/or property managers do not satisfactorily fulfill the obligations owed. When owners and managers fail to fulfill their duties, serious injury to persons on the property can result.
Typically, it is a property owner’s obligation to keep walkways reasonably safe from ice, snow, and other materials that present a risk for injuries to persons using the walkway.
How do Slippery Floors Cause Injuries in the Bronx?
Patrons of a business can track in snow, slush, mud, and water inside a storefront. This can make the inside of the business rather treacherous, which can lead to terrible injuries, such as concussions, broken bones, and even paralysis. Owners of businesses in the Bronx must maintain a safe environment in the area surrounding the business. Property owners must also keep the inside of their business operations safe for patrons.
When property owners fail to safely maintain their property, they run the risk of patrons experiencing a dangerous slip and fall on a precarious floor way. In a premises liability claim, it is ultimately up to the court to decide whether or not the property owner knew about the hazardous condition and failed to resolve the problem.
When a property owner claims that they were not aware of the danger, the questions concern how much time went by with the property in a defective condition, and if the property owner should have known about the problem.
What to Do After a Slip and Fall Accident
- Document the Scene. If a person is not too injured, they should use their cell phone to take pictures of the scene. This could prove to be invaluable evidence for their case
- Receive Medical Attention. Priority number one is to receive necessary medical treatment. Even if they feel fine, they should consider going to the hospital, as there could be damage they are unaware of
- Document Treatment. Apart from the benefits of treatment, the hospital records are great evidence to have
- Research Options. After receiving treatment, start considering legal options
- Hire an Attorney. Choose an experienced Bronx slip and fall attorney, and obtain a free initial consultation
- Be Available to the Attorney. To be an effective team, both attorney and client need to be available to each other
- Avoid Insurance Company Communications. Never speak to the insurance companies. This is the job of the attorney
How a Bronx Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help
Experienced Bronx attorneys have committed their professional careers to fighting for the interests of their clients in order to obtain justice, and as much compensation as possible for their clients after they have suffered a painful injury.
If a negligent property owner has caused injury to either you or a family member, feel free to contact a skilled Bronx slip and fall lawyer today.
By: Dianne L.
Title: Meticulous Lawyers
My experience with this firm was more than what I had expected...The team went above and beyond for my family...They ensure that we were clear and understood all processes and procedures...Thumbs up to team Goldstein and Bashner