Baldwin Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you were hurt at work, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that provides wage replacement and medical benefits to injured employees with the ultimate goal of helping them return to the workforce. Unfortunately, many injured workers face obstacles in their pursuit of this compensation.
If you were hurt in a workplace accident, consider contacting a Baldwin workers’ compensation lawyer for help navigating the complex process. Assuming you have a valid claim, you may be eligible to receive a combination of lost wages plus all necessary medical care related to your occupational injury or illness. A well-versed injury attorney can help you better understand your rights as an injured worker and put together a solid case demonstrating that you are entitled to full and fair compensation.
Injuries that Qualify for Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Just because someone is injured while on the job does not automatically mean they are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. Just like other states, New York implemented strict guidelines regarding on-the-job injuries and the rights of hurt employees to recover compensation.
Anyone seeking workers’ compensation benefits must be able to show the following:
- They work for an organization that is required by state law to provide workers’ compensation coverage to its employees
- The injury or illness they are suffering from arose out of their employment duties
- They provided written notice of the accident to their employer within 30 days of when it happened
- They are able to obtain a medical report stating that their injury or illness is the result of an on-the-job accident
Since it can be difficult to prove a claim, an injured worker should consult a Baldwin workers’ compensation attorney who can help build a strong claim.
What Benefits are Available to Injured Workers in Baldwin?
The New York State workers’ compensation system provides an array of different benefits to injured workers. The overarching goal of these benefits is to minimize the financial hardship of losing income and facilitating a hurt worker’s ability to return to their job, resume productivity, and earn a living.
Workers’ compensation benefits can include:
- Regular cash payments equal to 2/3 of the injured worker’s average weekly earnings
- Compensation for reduced earning capacity resulting from a disability caused by a workplace accident
- Treatment provided by medical doctors, chiropractors, occupational therapists, and others
- Reimbursement for the various out-of-pocket expenses an injured worker can expect to pay for such as travel to and from medical appointments, minor first aid supplies, and medical devices such as a wheelchair, wheelchair ramp, and crutches
Time Limits for Filing a Claim
A Baldwin workers’ compensation lawyer can help a person determine how much time they have left to file a claim for compensation. The time limits for filing a work-related injury or illness claim in New York is generally two years from the date of the accident with some exceptions.
Contact Baldwin Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
If you were hurt on the job, you might qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. A Baldwin workers’ compensation lawyer can help you better understand your legal options following an injury. To learn more, call today.