Here are a few simple tips for celebrating and driving safely this holiday season:
• Designate a non-drinking driver ahead of time.
• If drinking alcohol at a party or other celebration, allow at least one hour between drinks. It takes one hour to get rid of one drink from your body (1 drink is equal to a 12-oz beer, 5- oz glass of wine, or 1½-oz shot of liquor).
• Set limits beforehand of the number of drinks to have and stick with it.
• Alternate drinking alcoholic beverages with soda, juice or water and eat food.
• Don’t mix alcohol with other drugs, including over-the-counter and prescription medications.
• Don’t ride with someone who is impaired. Use other means of transportation such as a taxi, public transportation or driver who is sober.
• Pay close attention to drug warnings on medications. If you think there is even a chance of having a side effect that will affect your driving, do not drive.
If you or someone in your family has been the victim of an accident involving a drugged driver, or a drunk driver we can help. Our compassionate lawyers will listen to you and provide legal guidance, with no fee or obligation. Call us today at: 1-888-NYLAW12. If you are hesitant and unsure if you should proceed, download our free guide: What You Need to Know Before You Hire A Lawyer.