Parking Lot Slip and Fall Accidents in Long Island
If you recently fell and were injured in a parking lot, you are not alone. These types of accidents are very common, especially on Long Island where parking lots can be large and confusing, such as at Roosevelt Field, filled with construction, and Walt Whitman mall or a parking lot may just be poorly maintained. Regardless, if injuries were sustained, you be able to file an injury claim with the assistance of a Long Island slip and fall lawyer.
Filing a Parking Lot Accident Claim
These owners have a responsibility to keep their entire property, including the parking lot, safe for customers and clients. This includes:
- Ensuring the lot is well-paved and free of dangerous potholes as well as breaks, cracks, and buckles in the pavement.
- Providing adequate lighting.
- Making sure any structures are not causing a hazard. This may include shopping cart holders, decorative trees and plants, and barriers to separate parking rows.
- Regularly inspecting and fixing any known or visible hazards. We had a client who tripped on a metal sign that had fallen a week earlier. The store had ample time to remove it from the lot.
- For parking garages, ensuring that all floors, stairs, walkways, elevators and handrails are maintained.
- Removing snow and ice within a reasonable timeframe.
If you trip and fall in a parking lot at a mall, restaurant, supermarket or drug store due to the owner failing to properly maintain the property you may have a case. These injuries are often serious because the fall is taking place on pavement. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Torn tendons and ligaments
How We Can Help
Our lawyers have been winning these types of cases and getting our clients the maximum compensation they deserve. We work with a team of top-notch investigators and medical experts to get you the money you deserve to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, related expenses as well as pain and suffering.
If you think you have a case, contact our experienced lawyers today. We will answer all your questions and discuss the best course of action for you to take—no obligation, no fee. In fact, there is never a fee until you win a verdict or settlement.