The results of an autopsy of a 13-year-old New Jersey boy who died earlier this summer were recently released and reveal that the boy died from an overdose of a “deadly heroin mixture.”
On June 4th, at approximately 10 a.m., the young boy, who was a student at the Middle Township Middle School in Cape May Court House, was found in unresponsive, in bed, at this grandparents’ home in Rio Grande. It is believed he died at some point during the previous night.
Two months later, the autopsy results show that the boy had overdosed on heroin and fentanyl. It is unknown at this time how the boy got ahold of the drugs.
According to the boy’s mother, her son had been a victim of bullying in the weeks leading up to his death. His mother became very alarmed when she learned that her son had begun cutting himself. The bullying appears to have intensified in the days immediately leading up to the boy’s death.
His mother, and those that knew him, express disbelief that he would knowingly have taken these deadly drugs and fear that someone gave him the drugs and told him that it was candy, a tactic that some drug dealers are allegedly using.
Fentanyl is an extremely potent and often fatal drug. It is 100 times stronger than heroin and since it has arrived on the drug scene, the number of overdoses has skyrocketed. It is the drug that was determined as the cause of death in Prince’s death and has been responsible for the deaths of thousands of people across the country.
Upon hearing of the results of the autopsy, Attorney Neal Goldstein commented, “The story of this young boy’s death is just a tragedy. The terror and stress he must have endured the last weeks of his life to cause him to harm himself the way he did is terrible. It is imperative that law enforcement find out who was responsible for providing that child with the drugs that killed him.”