Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (516) 222-4000
Goldstein and Bashner

My child was sexually abused by a teacher. What should I do?

You are not alone. We have worked with families to help fight against this abuse. We know how devastating this is, and our lawyers are both compassionate and experienced working with children and teens to help them feel comfortable. We always seek to provide the best outcome that takes into account the child’s best interests.

In addition to filing criminal charges—which will get the teacher away from children while the case is investigated—you have the right to file civil charges. This would be compensation for any medical bills, counseling, pain and suffering and any other expenses related.

Our sexual abuse lawyers can sit down with you to answer all your questions, fully discuss your legal options and figure out the best course of action. We provide free, no-obligation consultations to make sure your questions are answered.

Call us today and we can work together to help your family find closure and also get the financial help you may need for counseling and other expenses.

Live Chat