How Can You Stay Safe?
- Stay alert. Watch out for drivers from behind that are speeding and weaving and let them pass you.
- Get out of their way and don´t challenge them.
- Stay relaxed, avoid eye contact and ignore rude gestures.
- Don´t block the passing lane if you are driving slower than most of the traffic.
- Keep your cool and do not let other drivers influence the way you drive.
- Drive slowly and leave plenty of room between you and the car in front of you. In winter conditions, you may need more time to stop your car.
Have You Been in an Accident?
Driving defensively and taking precautions can keep you safer but even the best drivers may find themselves in an accident that was not their fault. If you are in a car accident, it important to know your legal rights. Contact the Long Island personal injury lawyers at Goldstein and Bashner to find out more information about your case—we will provide a free, no obligation consultation to ensure you have all the information you need. We will discuss your case, answer all your questions and let you know what to expect from the legal process. We’ve been winning cases for our clients for more than 20 years.