Our website provides a wide range of helpful articles, blogs, frequetly asked questions and free downloads. Here are some other helpful resources and websites to get more information on accidents and injury cases. Always feel free to call us if you can’t find the information you need, have additional questions, or want to discuss a case. We take pride in spending time with potential, current and former clients to provide the information you need, and we offer free consultations if you want to come in and discuss a recent accident.
Slip and Fall Injuries / Premises Accidents
- Center for Disease Control: Children and FallsInformation, statistics and resources concerning children and falls.
- Center For Disease Control: Resources for Older Adult FallsInformation, statistics and helpful publications that can be downloaded, printed or ordered.
- National Safety CouncilInformation, research and related links on slips and falls, as well as a wide range of other safety topics.
- National Floor Safety InstituteSelf-proclaimed the “slip, trip and fall experts,” this nonprofit organization’s mission is to aid in the prevention of slips, trips and falls through education, research and standards development. Their website contains helpful information and safety tips.
- Falling in All the Wrong Places: What You Need to Know about Slip and Fall AccidentsDownload this completely FREE, informative free guide to winning your slip and fall case.
Car Accidents and Other Vehicle Accidents
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin DiseasesThe mission of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases is to support research into the causes, treatment, and prevention of arthritis and musculoskeletal and skin diseases; the training of basic and clinical scientists to carry out this research; and the dissemination of information on research progress in these diseases.
- Burning Nights (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Support Community)Support and help for sufferers of CRPS in the UK and around the world. Burning Nights offers detailed information and RSD support for carers, friends, families and sufferers. Throughout the site there is information on causes, symptoms and treatments, as well as an outlet to speak about the difficulties of living with this condition through the forum on the site. This is an outlet for sufferers or carers throughout the the world to share their experiences and learn new methods of dealing with CRPS, or just to have a general chat.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety AdministraionSince 2000, this division of the US Transportation Department has been working to reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities involving large trucks and buses.
- New York State Insurance CodesA guide to the meaning of the different insurance codes for New York State.
- New York State No-Fault Insurance Claim FormsComplete set of the difference no-fault forms, including claim forms, medical verification of treatment forms, wage verification forms and assignment of benefit forms.
- Distraction.gov: The official government website for Distracted DrivingThis government resource provides in one single website, the research on distracted driving, facts and statistics and answers to frequently asked questions. It provides a helpful list of the distracted driving laws for each state.
- New York State Automobile Owners Resource Center–Department of Financial ServicesThis government website ranks auto insurance companies by complaints, provides a checklist for auto insurance buyers and numerous other helpful resources and FAQs. You can also file a complaint, make an inquiry or request no-fault arbitration through this website.
- National Highway Traffic Safety AdministrationSince 1970, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has been monitoring highway and road safety throughout the United States. Their website is a great resource for driver and vehicle safety tips, data, laws and regulations.
- New York State Insurance Department Complaint FormIf you have a complaint about the way your New York auto insurance firm is handling your car accident case, this is the form to file a complaint with the state. Have questions or need further help? Give our auto accident attorneys a call today.
- New York State Department of Motor VehiclesThe official site for the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification CorporationIf you have been involved in a car accident and there is no insurance coverage you MAY be entitled to these benefits. There are strict requirements. Consult an attorney.
Bullying and Cyberbullying
- National Suicide Prevention LifelineA 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. By dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255), the call is routed to the nearest crisis center in our national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
- LI News Talk Radio Bully Case InterviewLI News Radio Interview discusses the hardships Austin Schneiderman endured as a student in Farmingdale, NY. Learn how Austin was bullied for over 3 years, and the steps his family took to end the bullying with the help of law firm Goldstein & Bashner.
School Accidents and Children’s Injuries
- NASSLEO–National Association for School Safety and Law Enforcement OfficialsNASSLEO is devoted to a safe learning environment for the K-12 educational systems.
- New York State Center for School SafetyThe New York State Center for School Safety (NYSCSS) is a government coordinating agency and information clearinghouse which provides support to schools, families, communities and government organizations throughout the state.
Drunk Driving Accidents
- NOVA–National Organization for Victim AssistanceThis organization has been working since 1975 to help victims of drunk driving accidents as well as any other crisis or crime.
- SADD–Students against Drunk DrivingSADD’s mission is to provide students with prevention tools to deal with underage drinking, other drug use, risky and impaired driving, and other destructive decisions.
- MADD–Mothers Against Drunk DrivingMothers Against Drunk Driving was formed to help stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime and prevent underage drinking. They have a free victim/survivor helpline 1-877-MADD-HELP.
- Long Island Crisis CenterLong Island Crisis Center (LICC), is a not-for-profit, 501(c) private agency, that was established in 1971 and has existed since then as a 24 hours-a-day/7 days-a-week/365 days-a-year suicide prevention and crisis intervention hotline. In its forty-two years, it has grown from one hotline to six. It is staffed round-the-clock by volunteer counselors.
- Pride for Youth (PFY) was established in 1993 to serve Long Island’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) youth and their families. PFY delivers free services that include: individual, family and group counseling; sexual health services to provide education on HIV (including testing), STDs and unintended pregnancies; youth leadership opportunities; MPowerment, HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C prevention through community outreach and education to young men of color.
- New York City Alliance against Sexual AssaultThe New York City Alliance against Sexual Assault’s goal is to help prevent sexual violence and reduce the harm it causes through education, research and advocacy.
- NYSCASA–New York State Coalition against Sexual AssaultIn addition to a toll-free hotline for victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, this site provides a wealth of information about understanding, preventing and responding to sexual violence.
- Safe HorizonStarted in New York City, Safe Horizon is a national organization that provides support for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities. Their toll-free hotloine for victims of rape and sexual assault is 212-227-3000.
- RAINN–Rape, Abuse and Incest National NetworkThe nation’s largest national network provides help, support and a free hotline for victims of rape, abuse and incest. Call 1-800-656-HOPE for live, free confidential support for victims and their families.
Construction and Work Accidents
- New York city Department of Buildings: Safety and EnforcementSince 2008, the Safety and Enforcement branch of the Department of Buildings has enacted more than 25 new laws designed to increase safety at construction sites.
- Occupational Safety and Health AdministrationA Division of the Department of Labor, this agency’s webiste is filled with helpful information to help workers understand their rights, including articles, training courses, data, regulations and frequently asked questions. Workers can also file complaints directly through the website.
- Long Island and The Day Labor MarketsA comprehensive study conducted by Hofstra University which shows the impact on the local Long Island economy by the Day Labor Market. The study reveals how workers such as those in the construction and service industry are making positive impacts on the local economy.
Railroad Accidents and FELA
- US Railroad Retirement BoardThis website provides complete information for railroad workers related to retirement/survivor and unemployment/sickness benefit programs.
- Close Calls Demonstration ProjectClose Calls Demonstration Project is a voluntary, confidential demonstration program for railroad carriers and their employees to report close calls without receiving disciplinary action. If you are an employee of the Long Island RailRoad, Amtrak, Metro North you can make confidential reports at the site.
Other Serious Injuries
- Suffolk County Nursing Home ProfilesThis site published by the state Health Department contains inspection reports and information about complaints, quality of care and fines.
- Nassau County Nursing Home ProfilesUse this site for information about nursing homes in New York State- Nassau County, and the quality of care they provide. The quality measures data are from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Published by the state Health Department contains inspection reports and information about complaints, quality of care and fines.
- DrugRehab.comA website dedicated to equipping patients and families with the best information, resources and tools to overcome addiction and lead a lifelong recovery. Addictions include, drug, alcohol, persription drugs, eating disorders and more. Read recovery stories, learn about treatments and find a path to recovery.
- Long Island Accident Lawyers Supports Pediatic Cancer Foundation The Pediatric Cancer Foundation’s mission is to find a cure for children with cancer. The foundation was founded in 1970 and is a non-profit charity that raises money for research, equipment and parent/patient care for the best doctors in the world at hospitals supported by the PCF.
- The Long Island Hispanic Chamber of Commerce- Accident Resources If you live in Long Island and you are looking for a professional accountant, computer tech, website designer or an accident lawyer the Chamber is a great resource.
- Long Island Latino Workers Injured in an Accident Can get Assistance We continue to support the Workplace Project in Hempstead Long Island who fight for the rights of day workers and others. If you need call them or if you would like us to call on your behalf let us know.