Can I sue for psychological injuries?
Some cases, like assaults and bullying, come with psychological torture that may lead directly to psychological injuries. Other cases, such as car accidents or slip and falls, can cause serious physical injuries and lifestyle changes that can also lead to extreme anxiety, depression, and other psychological damages. When psychological injuries can be proven, they are compensable and awarded a value, just like physical injuries.
Some ways to prove psychological injuries:
- Doctor reports, such as from a psychologist, psychiatrist or social worker
- Medications prescribed due to the accident, such as anti-depressants
- A person becomes disabled due to their psychological injuries
- Diagnosed as suffering a psychological condition by Social Security or a disability company
- Our injury lawyers have helped many clients recover significant damages for their psychological injuries. These awards help them pay medical bills, recover lost wages and get the closure
- Necessary to begin to move on and recover without financial worries.