Gym Injury Claims in Long Island
Have you been injured at a Long Island health club and need a premises liability lawyer? Whether you work out at Lifetime, Equinox, LA Fitness, NY Sports Club, Planet Fitness or one of the many other health clubs throughout Nassau and Suffolk Counties, if you are hurt in an accident in any way, you may have a case.
What you need to prove if you are injured at a gym or health club:
- If you are injured at a health club, the law has a guideline for whether or not you have a case. Some question to ask:
- Did a defect or dangerous condition exist that the club knew about? This could be a broken machine or frayed carpet that someone notified them about or was the cause of a previous accident.
- Was there a defect or dangerous condition that existed that the club should have known about? This could a machine that has been broken for months or a broken floor tile right in the middle of the entranceway that can’t be missed.
- Does the club properly maintain its equipment and property?
- Does the club have an Automated External Defibrillator on premise as well as an employee trained to use it? If the club has more than 500 members, State law now requires this due to the higher risk of heart attacks at a health club.
Health clubs are not responsible for a temporary condition they had no knowledge of—such as a water spill. They are also not responsible for intentional assaults between members that they could not foresee, such as a fight over equipment or other circumstance. Each case is unique, though, so for specific advice and information about your case, contact our experienced Long Island personal injury lawyers for a free consultation. We can help determine if you have a case and let you know your legal options.
Steps to Take
We can help. Give us a call and let’s discuss your case. We’ll answer all your questions and let you know your legal options. No obligation and never a fee until you win your case or get a settlement.