Fights and injuries are too common at New York City and Long Island bars, where late hours, drinking and flirting all combine to help make tempers flare. Whether you were the target of someone’s anger or an innocent bystander you may have a case against the person who injured you and possibly the bar owner.
What should you do?
- First and most importantly, seek medical attention for your injuries. Make sure to keep track and get copies of all medical records related to your injury.
- Contact the police and get a report. This will help document the time, location and explanation of the incident.
- Get names and numbers of any witnesses—patrons, bartenders, bouncers and whoever else may have seen the assault.
- Take pictures of any visible injuries—cuts, bruises, swelling, etc. Photos can be powerful evidenced of the pain you may have suffered.
- Contact a reputable personal injury lawyer who can help detail your legal rights and gather more evidence. For example, did the bar have security cameras that captured the fight? Does the bar have a history of fights? Was it overcrowded? Was the assailant a minor who was served alcohol, or already drunk and continued to be served drinks at the bar?
How we can help you
Our experienced lawyers work with a team of medical experts and investigators to help ensure your case is backed up with the evidence needed to get the results you want. We will explore all avenues of liability and make sure all the necessary evidence is collected to ensure you get the maximum award you deserve from all parties that may be responsible.
Contact us for more information
We have 40+ years of experience in personal injury and will find justice in your case. Contact us today for a free consultation and we can discuss your specific case, answer all your questions, and let you know what to expect from the legal process.