Last year, there were more than 2,000 accidents at railroad crossings, resulting in nearly 250 deaths. These accidents involved a train colliding with a car, truck or pedestrian.
Sometimes these accidents are due to someone trying to beat the train after the crossing gates come down, while others are people intending to take their own lives by parking or standing in front of the train. There are times, however, when these accidents are less avoidable and may be caused by:
- Defective signals, crossing guards or gates
- Objects protruding from the train
- Trains that fail to sound their horn and/or use their lights when approaching the crossing
- Crossings obstructed by steep roads, building, trees or other objects
Our Experienced Train Accident Attorneys Will Investigate the Accident and Build a Stong Case
If you or someone you love was involved in a railroad crossing accident, our lawyers can help. Our expert train accident lawyers work with a team of investigators and medical experts to build the strongest case and help you collect the full compensation you deserve. We’ll help you recover money for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- All other costs associated with your injury.
Contact us today with any questions you have or if you want to discuss a case. There is no obligation and never a fee. We’ll answer your questions and discuss your legal options. If you decide to pursue a case with us, there are no upfront fees—we only get paid after we win you an award or settlement.