Most people rent party buses to keep safe—it allows a group of people who are all traveling to or from a party to drink and not worry about driving. However, accidents do occur on party buses and sometimes it is the company’s fault. It is important when hiring a party bus to make sure it is a reputable company with well-maintained buses, adequate supervision and proper safety procedures.
What could go wrong on a party bus?
There have been several cases of people falling out of party buses. We currently represent a client who was injured when he fell out of a broken window. There was also a case of partygoers standing on the top level of an open-air double decker bus. Two were instantly killed when it drove under a low overpass. How could these accidents have been avoided?
Party bus companies need to ensure:
- There are not too many people allowed on the bus
- That there is proper supervision. If passengers are standing, fooling around and not properly controlled it could put them at risk and also cause distractions for the driver.
- Bus is routinely checked for mechanical problems and properly maintained
- Bus drivers are screened and licensed.
- Bus drivers are able to drive with limited distractions. Some party buses have mood lighting, wrap-around seating and even dance floors. It is important that none of this interferes with the driver’s ability to safely do his or her job.
- Like all drivers, party bus driver's should be focued on the road, and not texting and driving or talking on a cell phone while driving.
How we can help if you were injured on a party bus
If you or someone in your family was recently injured in a party bus accident, it is important to contact a qualified personal injury lawyer to help determine the best course of action.
Our lawyers work with a team of investigators, top-notch engineers and experienced medical experts to determine who was at fault, gather credible evidence and show injuries and damages. It is important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible, so that witnesses can give accurate testimony and evidence is still fresh.
Contact us today
Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation. We will sit down with you to discuss your case, answer all your questions and let you know what to expect from the legal process.