The Long Island Coalition Against Bullying and the law firm of Goldstein and Bashner have come together to promote a bully free environment with a unique scholarship opportunity to Long Island high school students.
As a long Island student, how have you helped prevent or stop bullying? This can be on a broad scale, like volunteering or being part of a club, or how you have helped a specific students who was being bullied.
Prize Winners: (Updated May 25, 2016)
Congrats to all our winners!
1st Place - Emma Rose Martin $1,000
2nd Place - Gina Gatti $700
3rd Place - Renate Kurth $300
Thank you to all who entered!
Winners will be invited along with two guests to LICAB’S annual Golf Outing on Monday, May 16th to be honored and presented with their prize. Other guests may attend at a special rate. Please be sure to download and submit the complete scholarship application.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in either a public or private Long Island high school.
- Essays must be a maximum of 500 words.
- Do not use any real names of any students who were bullied and refrain from using your schools name in the essay. We reserve the right to substitute any child's or school’s name to preserve privacy.
- Essay should be completed by using the application below.
- Applications & essays should be submitted* to [email protected]
- Include Anti-Bully Essay in the email subject line.
- All submissions must be received on or before Friday, March 18, 2016
marketing materials of both The Long Island Coalition Against Bullying and the law firm of Goldstein & Bashner.