Legal work does not come cheaply. After a serious accident, you could end up giving a sizable portion of your recovery to a lawyer or law firm. So it makes perfect sense that when you decide to hire a lawyer, you want to make sure that you are getting the best possible legal advice that you can.
For those injured on Long Island, there is certainly no shortage of lawyers available to help. In some areas, you can find a law firm on nearly every other block. So how do you know who the best injury lawyer on Long Island is?
Well, finding the absolute best lawyer is probably impossible. Besides the fact that there are dozens of well-qualified lawyers practicing on Long Island, there are a million variables to consider when finding the perfect fit for you.
One lawyer may work perfectly with another injured client and could still not be a good fit for you. Before you hire an attorney, make sure they are the best possible fit for you and your case. Doing so will save you a lot of time, hassle, and money.
So how do you find out who to hire? Here are some of the questions you might want to ask your attorney to see if he or she is truly the best.
1. How long have you been practicing?
The best personal injury attorneys have years of experience practicing person injury law. No matter how smart a lawyer is, if he or she has never represented a client like you before, there could be issues down the line.
New lawyers, whether fresh out of law school or simply new to the specific area of injury law, could make mistakes that could prolong — or even cost you — your case.
Lawyers with experience will know how to handle your personal injury case from start to finish. They will know the best strategies to use to ensure that you get full and fair compensation in the quickest time possible.
The injury lawyers at Goldstein and Bashner have 25 years of litigation experience. We have seen nearly every type of injury case out there and we know the best strategies to resolve your case favorably in as short a time as possible.
2. Have you handled this type of case before?
This question is similar to the first one, but instead of overall years of practice, you should ask about the lawyer’s experience in the personal injury field of law. A lawyer with ten years of experience in only corporate law will likely be as helpful to your injury case as a lawyer with no experience at all.
Each area of law is unique and filled with its own number of problems to overcome. No matter how skilled that corporate law lawyer is, he is probably not prepared to handle your personal injury case.
But it is not enough that a lawyer has experience with personal injury cases in general. When looking for the best injury lawyer on Long Island, you want to make sure that they have experience with your specific type of case before.
This means if you were injured in a motorcycle collision, you want to work with a lawyer who knows the nuances of motorcycle laws, not just laws concerning cars.
At Goldstein and Bashner, we have experience handling countless different types of personal injury claims, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Sexual assaults
- Construction and workplace accidents
- Concert and club accidents
- School injuries
- Bullying and cyberbullying
Even if your personal injury claim type not on this list, that does not mean we have not seen it before. We would love the chance to speak with you about your accident and tell you how we can help.
3. What outcomes have you achieved for your past clients?
A good indicator of any prospective lawyer’s skill is his or her ability to get results. Of course, not even the best lawyer can win every case, but a strong track record indicates that the lawyer in question has the skills and drive to get results for you.
Goldstein and Bashner has achieved a lot for our past clients. Just take a look at some of the results we were able to achieve:
- A construction worker won his case after he was injured at work when a cement pellet fell from a forklift onto his foot.
- When a two-year old child fell from a four-story window without safety guards, our lawyers were able to secure a sizeable settlement amount for the child and his sister who saw the accident happen.
- The victim of years of bullying at Wedon E. Howitt Middle School received a settlement from the school district for his injuries after we represented him.
- A 62-year old woman leaving church received a six-figure award after she tripped over a nearby business’ raised cellar door resulting in an injury that required surgery.
Curious about what our past clients have to say about us? Check out our testimonials page.
4. How will you ensure that I get a fair award from the party at fault?
A good personal injury attorney will fight to make sure that you get the highest possible compensation; he or she should have a plan in place to make sure that happens.
At Goldstein and Bashner, we work with medical experts and other third parties to make sure that you are getting the full amount of damages you deserve.
We offer evidence of all of your damages to the party at fault and we will not force you to accept less than your fair share. When we consider your total damages, we will look at:
- Your current medical expenses, including bills for doctor’s visits, surgery, and medications
- Your potential future medical expenses, including years of physical therapy or future treatments and medications that may be necessary
- Your lost wages or decreased capacity to earn a living
- The cost of property damage
- Your pain and suffering
If we are unable to recover a fair settlement through negotiations, we will take your case to court.
Call Goldstein and Bashner Today to Find Out More
While we can never say that we are the best, we can say that we have 25 years of experience litigating multiple different types of personal injury cases.
Furthermore, we have a long history of getting fair results for our clients. To find out more, contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation: 516-222-4000.