Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: (516) 222-4000
Goldstein and Bashner

My son was seriously injured in a hazing incident at his school. Can I sue?

If your son or daughter is assaulted in any way-and hazing is a crime and an assault-you have the right to sue the responsible party. A school has the obligation to keep your child safe, and if you don't think they lived up to that then you can sue them as well as the assailants. Did they know hazing was a problem at the school and ignore the issue? Did the specific incident take place because of insufficient security, unlit walkways, broken locks or other faulty safeguards?

If the hazing was from a fraternity, sorority or local chapter of a club, you may also be able to sue the organization if they in any way were aware of hazing in their organization and did not act to ensure their members' safety.

If your child was the victim of hazing, our experienced and compassionate lawyers can help you understand your legal rights and get the compensation deserved for any medical bills as well as pain and suffering. Contact us for a free consultation and we will answer all your questions and let you know what you can expect from the legal process.  

Live Chat