Each car accident case is different. There are many factors that can affect the verdict, including:
- The jurisdiction where the accident took place
- How the accident occurred
- Whether or not their were witnesses, what they say and how trustworthy their testimony is
- How serious the injuries were
- If there are any permanent injuries
- If there were prior injuries that make it difficult to determine what was caused by accident
- What the police report says
- The insurance companies
- Missed work and what the lost wages are worth
- The perceived value of the pain and suffering
So even cases that appear very similar may amount to very different compensation due to differences in the two victims' medical reports, their earnings and what witnesses had to say.
Have more questions? Want to find out your options about a car accident you were in? Give our Long Island personal injury lawyers a call at 516-222-4000 or contact us through our webform.