Schools and universities can be held liable when their negligence contributes to or causes an unreasonable risk of a sexual assault.
- An unsafe environment, such as not maintaining adequate lighting at night.
- Hiring instructors who are known sexual predators.
- Allowing students who are known sexual predators to have student residence housing, participate in sports, or, in some cases, to remain at a university.
- Not ensuring the safety of dormitories and residence halls with adequate security, and lighting.
- Failing to respond to student complaints of violence, assault and safety issues and failing to take action when a school-sponsored organization, such as a fraternity, engages in conduct involving sexual assault.
To Find out more about your specific case, or to get answers to any of your other questions, feel free to give our lawyers a call at 516-222-4000. We can also discuss your legal options and determine the best course of action for you to take. Our consultations are always free--even after we are hired, we do not get paid until we get you a settlement or verdict.