These past few weeks have been a difficult time for all of us, and our heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to our many friends and clients that have been impacted by Hurricane Sandy.
We invite you to call our offices with any questions or for any help or assistance we can offer. We are experienced dealing with insurance companies, reading the fine print and knowing how to get the deserved recovery for a claim.
Please particularly contact us if you think you are being treated unfairly by your insurance company. We want to make sure you are treated fairly and get the compensation you deserve for any damages you incurred.
In addition, here are some other resources that can help provide assistance:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA): 800-621-FEMA (3362), disasterassistance.gov
- New York State Attorney General Consumer Helpline: 800-771-7755, ag.ny.gov
- New York State Department of Financial Services Disaster Hotline: 800-339-1759, dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm
- Nassau County Offices: nassaucountyny.gov
- Suffolk County Offices: suffolkcountyny.gov
- New York City Office of Consumer Affairs: 311 or 212-NEWYORK outside of the five boroughs, nyc.gov
- Nassau County Office of Emergency Management: 516-573-0636
- Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: 631-852-4900
Working together to help each other, we can all get through this. Please, don't hesitate to call our offices with any questions, 516-222-4000.
Neal Goldstein and Bob Bashner