A recent accident at a Metro-North railroad crossing claimed the lives of 6 people when a commuter train slammed into an SUV that was on the tracks. While many of the facts about the accident are still unclear, many rail workers and others say that the crossing where the accident took place was unsafe.
“Many of New York’s metropolitan-area rail crossings are truly accidents waiting to happen,” Senator Charles E. Schumer recently said. We agree. Some of the dangerous issues that can cause rail crossing accidents include:
- Crossings obstructed by steep roads, buildings, trees or other objects
- Defective signals
- Malfunctioning crossing gates
- Objects protruding from the train
- Trains that fail to sound their horn and/or use their lights when approaching the crossing
- Train engineer negligence
If you or someone you love was involved in a railroad crossing accident, we can help. Our expert train accident lawyers work with a team of investigators and medical experts to build the strongest case and help you collect the full compensation you deserve. This includes money to pay for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- All other costs associated with your injury.
Have Questions? Give Us a Call
We will provide answers and let you know your legal options. There is no obligation and never a fee. In fact if you decide to pursue a case with us, there are no upfront fees—we only get paid after we win you an award or settlement.