Choose the right Long Island DWI attorney to aggressively fighting your case. Contact us for a free consultation.What can we do for you?
From the outset, our expert Long Island DWI lawyer is the working on your side. We will aggressively examine each stage in the arrest and look for mistakes that can work in your defense. Police have strict protocols to follow when making a DWI arrest. Plenty of times mistakes are made that can work in your defense. Our experienced lawyers will diligently examine each part of the arrest for any breaks in protocols or evidence that can work in your defense. We will check every aspect of the arrest and charges, including:
- Did the policeman who pulled you over have probable cause? You cannot be stopped arbitrarily for suspicion of drunk driving. If we can get the court to rule that there was not reasonable suspicion for the traffic stop, then the charge is dismissed.
- Were the results of field sobriety tests that officer might have administered at the traffic stops influenced by other factors, such as medication, medical issues, vision issues, roadside distractions, nerves, fatigue & fear?
- When the officer arrested you, did he have probable cause? Even after legitimately pulling you over for suspicion, an officer must have probable cause to arrest you. Bad driving is not a valid reason for a DWI arrest.
- Was protocol met when you were arrested? Were you read your Miranda Rights?
- Were any chemical tests given to you to check blood alcohol content administered properly? Were results influenced by other factors, such as medication or recent food that was consumed?
- Lose their driver’s license for at least 6 months
- Pay up to $2,500 in fines;
- Spend up to year in jail
- Be asked to participate in a Drinking Driver Program (DDP)
- Be required to install and maintain an ignition interlock on any vehicle they own or operate for at least 6 months
In the event you or anyone you love is facing DWI charges, contact us today. We work with a team of experienced lawyers that will fight every step for your rights and ensure you get the best outcome. Our lawyers will sit down with you for a free consultation to examine your case, answer all of your questions and let you know what you can expect from the legal process.